Smoked Sausage And White Bean Soup Recipe Soak beans in cold water to cover,
overnight (8 to12 hours). Drain beans and rinse well.
In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over mediumhigh heat.
Add the sausage and saute for Christian
Louboutin Daffodile Platform 5 to 6 minutes, or until browned. Remove
the sausage Christian
Louboutin Sandals from the skillet and reserve. Add the onions and cook
2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, an
additional minute.
Add the browned sausage back to the stockpot. Stir in the beans, bay leaves,
and thyme. Add the chicken stock, water, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Bring soup
to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer and cook, partially covered for 2 1/2 to 3
hours, stirring occasionally. Skim off any fat, as necessary, if desired. (The
cook time may vary depending on the beans, but they should be tender and falling
Christian
Louboutin Mens Shoes apart when finished.)
Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper, if needed. Using a potato masher or
the flat side of a spoon, gently mash the beans against the bottom and sides of
the stockpot, leaving some of the beans whole and some mashed. Continue to
simmer the soup for 30 minutes, uncovered, or until Christian Louboutin
desired consistency.
Ladle the soup into bowls. Serve hot, with crusty bread slices. I thought
this soup was wonderful. I also made a few changes. I used Aidell Chicken and
Apple Sausage. After browning the sausage pieces and removing them from the pot,
I added more olive oil and Cheap
Christian Louboutin Bridal Shoes tossed in 6 chopped carrots 4 chopped
celery sticks the onion and 4 chopped garlic cloves with the salt and pepper. I
let them sweat and loosen up the brown bits from the sausage. I tossed the
sausage pieces back in and added the stock, water and the beans. While it was
simmering I read a review that said it was bland, so I tested it and I also
thought it was bland. I added 2 tsp. Christian
Louboutin Platform Heels of onion powder, 1 tsp. cumin and 2 tsp. Better
Than Broth ham base.
I just finished cooking this delicious navy bean soup. I made my homemade
turkey stock, which I make from bones I roasted for 1 hr 40 minutes, then
simmered for 3 hours (with all the usual aromatics and miropoix the day before I
also threw in a cornish hen to round out the flavor of the stock. The result was
a rich, dark, gelatinous stock with a cream on top. Added this to my beans today
with a couple stalks of thinly sliced celery. I used a small daisy ham butt,
cubed for my meat. I will tell you this, there is nothing that compares to soups
and gravies made from Christian
Louboutin Flats Sale a homemade roasted bone stock. Makes you hum while
you eat. Served with cornbread. Christian
Louboutin High Pumps Emeril is one of my top chefs. Once again, I love
you E!
I had prepared the beans in the slow cooker a couple days before, which was
nice, so I could just throw them in the pot and get cooking! I used four chicken
bouillon cubes instead of stock, a ham hock instead of the sausage (which I took
out, dismantled and put the meat back in), powdered garlic, and instant minced
onions. My husband loved it, my teenage daughter traded in her Taco Bell in for
the soup, and even my 9 year old, who initially deemed it LOVED IT! Served with
a baked loaf of artisan Christian
Louboutin Wedges Shoes garlic bread, a Christian
Louboutin Special Occasion great touch. Looking forward to making this
again.
This was a very tasty soup. I used dutch smoked rookworst, which is the
closest I could come to the smoked pork sausage called for in the recipe. I also
added some shrimp I had leftover in the fridge at the end of making the soup.
The only other addition I made was using some of Emerils Creole seasoning. I did
use my mini motor to partially puree the soup instead of mashing the beans. It
turned out delish. My husband and I thought it was excellent. Definitely will
make this soup again. Thank you Mr. Lagasse for another great recipe.
没有评论:
发表评论