Smoked Salmon Spread Recipe We have a friend in Alaska that sends us the side
trim cuts of smoked Alaskan salmon. I decided to give this recipe a try using 8
ounce package of the side trim. The addition of the peppers really perked it
up!
I did not add any of the salt the recipe calls for as the extra Christian
Louboutin High Pumps Outlet salmon was enough salt. I am going to use
this recipe for one Christian
Louboutin Mens Flats of the appetizers at my sisters wedding in
August.
The dip was wellreceived! I didn have dill (fresh or dried, so Christian
Louboutin Flats I used green onion and parsley per the other reviewers
suggestions. I also did not have prepared horseradish and substituted it with
Dijon mustard (about 1 teaspoon, which was good, and a little cayenne pepper to
add a nice, subtle kick. I used 4 oz. smoked salmon, but agreed with some of the
other reviewers that it could use moreabout 2 to 4 oz. additional. Very little
salt was needed as the salmon was Christian
Louboutin Platforms pretty salty already. I prefer thinly sliced
baguette bread instead of crackers because the bread is softer and tastes
fresher. Making the dip the night before also helped bring out the flavors.
As always, Ms Garten recipes Christian
Louboutin Bridal Shoes Discount work. I have made this dish several
times, always to rave reviews. It is now one of my staples! NOTE 1: The recipe
seems to be an extender for pricey smoked salmon (understandable. I have often
made it, however, when we had leftover smoked salmon, so we wanted to use up the
salmon. For this reason, I doubled the amount of salmon, and everyone prefers it
this way (though the original reoipe is also yummy. NOTE 2: The sour cream Christian
Louboutin Special Occasion is necessary to keep the spread soft enough
to spread/dip easily. If you start with room temp cream cheese and serve the
spread straightaway, the sour cream Christian
Louboutin Wedges is not necessary. If you are going to chill the spread
prior to serving, the sour cream is necessary for proper consistency.
This was a quick, easy and tasty recipe. The flavors melded Christian
Louboutin Daffodile Sale well together and it was a cinch to make. I
served this with Christian
Louboutin Sandal Sale Carr water crackers, which was complimentary. My
husband and I were invited to my inlaws for dinner and I took this as an
appetizer. The Dutch do not make dips or spreads, however they sure seem to
enjoy them as I am usually asked to bring a along. This recipe was well received
as my inlaws and husband enjoyed it very much, not a drop was left. It is a
keeper. Thank you Barefoot Contessa for a very tasty recipe!
I made this tonight and it was extremely tasty! I was fortunate enough to get
fresh dill and Norweigan Smoked Salmon. The minor drawback of this receipe was
with the recommended 4oz. of smoked salmon; it made the dip taste a little too
cream cheesy. So I added another 2oz of Wild Alaskan Smoked Salmon and another
1/4 teaspoon of freshly chopped dill and 1/4 teaspoon of cayene pepper (couldn
help itI Jamaican, needed the extra kick!). I also substituted the French
baguettes for a Whole Grain Organic Bread that I quartered and brushed with
olive oil and lightly seasoned with salt and pepper and baked in the oven for
ten minutes. This will definitely be a staple at family and formal
gatherings!
I made this as one of 2 app. last xmas eve (the other was a hot crab app from
Emeril) both were huge hits. Ina I Christian Louboutin
followed to a T, Emeril I cut back on the heat. Now I asked to bring a app.
again for xmas eve Ina was great easy and less expensive . Emeril asked for 1
lb. of crab plus cheese and everthing else (I don cut corner in products, I
believe what Ina say counts This was tasting without cutting corners and as long
as you stick with quality products it taste as good as the other app. with all
the lump crab I made that was twice as expensive if not more. Ina thanks for
your great ideas!!!
没有评论:
发表评论